Monday, December 20, 2010

Banana Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies


The Recipe: Banana Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Martha Stewart's Cookies

The Substitutions: I omitted the walnuts.

The Verdict: I will admit that these are an old favourite of mine and I've made them before. But I've never covered them here and they really are worth talking about. This is essentially the banana bread version of cookies. They're dense, chocolatey, satisfying, and because they contain whole-wheat flour, have the impression of being healthy.

I don't like sending cookies to school with my kids too often, but if you skip the walnuts, these are kind of the ideal lunch box cookie. And if you keep the salt in (I know some people don't like salt in their cookies), they have the perfect sweet/salty balance. Stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment