Monday, September 20, 2010

The Cooky Book: Pineapple Cookies


The Recipe: Pineapple Cookies, from the Betty Crocker Cooky Book

Substitutions: Butter in place of shortening. Also added coconut (as recommended in one of the variations).

The Verdict: I can not complain. These certainly fell into the "crazy" category of Cooky Book cookies. I mean, pineapple? In cookies? The results though were neither as terrible nor as amazing as they could have been. The cookies have a nice tender, cakey quality, which I like. The pineapple flavour is not nearly as intense as I would have chosen (I was expecting full-on Pina Colada madness), but does add some interest to an otherwise plain drop cookie.

The sad part is, my kids hate them. And, after a few days, they're getting pretty gooey at the bottom of my cookie jar (though, not as bad as the applesauce cookies, which quickly turned into a mold colony). The good news is, my husband's co-workers can't seem to get enough of them, so I sent the bulk of the five dozen cookies that this recipe yields to his office, where they quickly disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment