Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rhubarb Loaf


The Recipe: Rhubarb Loaf. I used a recipe from Canadian Living

The Substitutions: Not a one.

The Verdict: Fab. I was going to use a recipe that my aunt donated when I put together the family cookbook for my sister-in-law, but it was for a cake pan, not a loaf, and I was really hankering some loaf (that way you can pretend it's bread and eat it for breakfast). And I do love me any kind of cake that is best eaten with coffee. This Canadian Living recipe is almost identical, except that it calls for veg. oil instead of margarine, which was great, since I didn't have the patience to watch butter soften (and I avoid margarine at all costs). It makes two loaves, which is handy because one can go straight in the freezer. The loaf itself is perfect -- not too mushy when you get the rhubarb, but moist and delicious with the perfect amount of tang.

No comments:

Post a Comment